OUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE CHURCH
“ OUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE CHURCH “
Ephesians 3:21 “ Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen ! “
INTRO: Our relationship to the church will be influenced by our understanding of the church. Why go to church ? Why work in the church ? Why give to the church ? According to the bible it is God’s place for worship, service, evangelism, missions, and for all the other outlets of ministry. God has a purpose, a goal, an aim, and a place for the church.
- THE MEANING OF THE WORD “CHURCH”.
The word “church “ comes from the Greek word “ecclesia”. It means “called out ones”, or “bring together”. Over 100 times in the bible the usage of this word has to do with the local church. The word does not mean building, or meeting place, or denomination . The people are the church.
Verses: Acts 20:28; I Tim.3:15,16; Eph.2:19; I Cor.1:2; II Cor.1:1; Gal.1:2.
- THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH.
- To Bring Glory To God. (Eph. 1:5,6,11,12,14; 3:21;)
- Through Praise and Prayer. (Jn.14:13; Heb. 13:15)
- Through Fruit bearing. (Jn.15:8)
- Through our giving. (Phil 4:18; Heb. 13:16)
- Through Preaching. (1 Pet. 4:11)
- Through Loving. (Rom 15:5,6)
- Through Suffering. (Jn. 21:18,19)
- Through Witnessing. ( 2 Thess. 3:1)
- To Develop It’s Members Spiritually. (Acts 20:28 - 32; 11:23 - 26)
- To Be A Foundation and Pillar of Truth. (I Tim. 3:15)
- To Evangelize The World. (Acts 1:8; Matt.28:18 - 20)
- To Baptize believers. (Matt. 28:19)
- To Edify believer. ((Eph. 4:11,12,16)
- To Discipline believers. - There are three kinds of discipline.
- Self discipline. (I Co.11:31)
- Sovereign discipline. (Jn. 15:2, Acts. 5:5, I Cor. 11:32)
- Church discipline. (Mt. 18:17, Rom. 16:17)
- To Provide fellowship for believers. (Acts 2:42, I Jn. 1:3, 6, 7)
- To Care for it's own. (II Cor. 8:9, James 1:27)
- To Act as a restraining force in this present world.
- To Prepare rulers for the Millennium. (Rom. 8:17, II Tim. 2:12)
- THE BLESSING OF THE CHURCH.
- It Will Deepen And Broaden Our Fellowship. (Acts 2:41,42:12:5)
- It will Guard Against Backsliding. (Heb. 10:24,25; Prov.14:14; Jer.2:19)
- It Will Enlarge Our Service. (Acts 4:23 - 37; 6:1 - 8; 11:19 - 26; 13:1 - 4)
- It Will Strengthen Our Testimony. (Acts 15:41)
- It Will Deepen Your Prayer Life. (Acts 1:14; 4:23 - 31; 12:5)
- It Is A Place For Souls To Be Saved.
- THE EXAMPLE OF THE EARLY CHURCH.
- They Repented. (Got Saved) (Acts 2:38)
- They Were Baptized.
- They Received The Holy Ghost.
- They Studied The Bible.
- They Fellowshipped together.
- They Broke Break Together.
- They Prayed Together.
- THE PROGRAM OF THE CHURCH.
- There must be a climate of evangelism.
- There must be continual edification.
- There must be a challenge to dedication.
- There must be a call to participation.
- There must continual saturation.
Conclusion: The Lord Added To The Church Daily.