What Needs to happen for Revival to Break Out?
Text: II Chronicles 7:14
Title: What Needs to happen for Revival to Break Out?
Intro: Our Nation is in trouble.
- Unbelievable Immoral Behavior.,
- Unsatisfied Materialistic Appetites. (Romans 3:10-18)
- Uncontrollable National Debt.
- Uncurable Epidemics."
- Unconcerned Spiritual Apathy.
"If " something doesn't change, our nation will be destroyed. (Prov. 14:34) “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”; Psalm 9:17) “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” What then needs to happen? – (II Chronicles 7:14)
- The People - "my people"
- Christian people
- Committed people-(Rm: 12:1)
- Concerned people-lack of = apathy
- The Procedure - "shall humble themselves..."
- Humility not Haudiness
- Prayer not Politics'
- Christlikeness not Worldliness (Acts 11:26)
- Purity not Personality (Matthew 5:13)
III. The Promise - "then will I"
- Answered Prayer
- Sin Forgiven
- Revival in the Land
Conclusion: We as Christians are the key. We can make a difference:
- "If" we pray
- "If" we witness
- "If" we obey God
- "If" we get involved as salt and light
- "If" we give The question is not whether God is capable of revival.
The question is whether we as His children are willing to pay the price
for revival. That is the big "if"